If you intend driving up the Rainbow Access Road it is MANDATORY that
you have a set of chains, from the bottom car-park onwards. Even on days
where chains do not need to be fitted, you MUST still carry a set of
chains that will fit your vehicle. Conditions in this Alpine environment
can and do change rapidly requiring that you fit chains to leave the
mountain. For this reason chains must always be either carried or fitted
to your vehicle. You will be turned away at the base of the mountain or
at the top car park if it is discovered that you are not carrying
chains. The shuttle service is a good regular service for customers who
do not have chains for their vehicle.
No chains, No access, No exceptions!
Chain Hire Services
Chain Hire is available from the following locations:
- St Arnaud - Alpine Lodge- 03 5211869
- Blenheim - Mag and Turbo Blenheim - 27 Grove Road - (03) 579 1645
Chains can be purchased from the following retailers:
- Stirling Sports Motueka | 201 High Street, Motueka (03) 528 9845
- Repco Nelson, 49 Gloucester Street, Nelson (03) 546 9992
- Repco Richmond, 8 Gladstone Road, Richmond (03) 543 9301
- Repco Motueka, 400 High Street, Motueka (03) 528 1101
- Repco Blenheim, 32 Main Street, Blenheim (03) 577 8141
- Blenheim - Mag and Turbo Blenheim - 27 Grove Road (03) 579 1645
Don't want to drive up with chains? - Check out the other transport options available to you.
THE SHUTTLES HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY AT ALL TIMES, PLEASE GIVE WAY.