Website proudly created by

Rainbow Ski Field Update – April 7th, 2020

Rainbow Ski Field Update – April 7th, 2020

 

As per our previous update we have suspended the 2020 season as we take the lead from the government while in the Covid-19 Alert Level 4. 

 

We continue to meet online to discuss the ever evolving Covid-19 pandemic and the impact it will have on our winter operations.  Currently we are planning for a range of different scenarios and will continue to work through the potential scenarios for Rainbow as we know more from the Government and our community.  

Our first thought is for the health and safety of our staff and secondly the ongoing financial stability of the club. 

To help cover costs, we have been given the wage subsidy for our current staff until end of June 2020.  In addition, both James and Tom have voluntarily reduced their wages.  We are also working with DOC, Edridge Contracting and the rest of our partners to reduce our costs where we can.

As part of this process we have identified the full-time position of General Manager is too much for the club to financially continue with. Unfortunately, and in consultation with James we have made this position redundant. James will work with us until the end of June 2020 in his current role, as well as overseeing our DOC renewal and 5-year strategic plan for the development of Rainbow. We would like to thank him for everything he has done for Rainbow.

2020 Season

Just to confirm, if you have purchased a 2020 Season Pass or Academy lessons, thank you.  You have the option of a full refund and/ or carry that pass over to the 2021 season. We have stopped all new ticket sales pending the Alert Status and a decision on this will be made closer to the potential start of the season.

The opening of the season will depend on the Government Alert Level in the Nelson/Tasman region. If we are at Alert Level Four we will have NO season and remain closed until 2021. On Alert Level Three, opening is very unlikely as, currently, this means public venues are closed and we use DOC land.  At Alert Level Two and One we would look to have a domestic only season and decide on the services we would offer closer to the time.

Once we have an indication of how successful the first lockdown is progressing, we will be going out to members and customers to confirm what level of services we would need to offer to get people up the mountain.  

As a Committee, we thank James and Tom for their understanding and willingness to help us through this challenging period together with the support of our members.

If you have any questions, suggestions or comments please email Markunwin@skirainbow.co.nz or jameslazor@skirainbow.co.nz

Stay safe, stay home and keep watching ski videos. #SkiRainbow

To make a comment you need to sign in. Click here to sign into your account.

Newsletters 2019

25th of March 2019 - Membership Sales, Corporate Partners & Work Parties

5th of March 2019 - Season Passes, Summer Maintenance & AGM

14th of December 2018 - Early Bird Passes & Corporate Partners

23rd of November 2018 - Season Passes on Sale,, 2019 Pricing & Open in the Summer