Website proudly created by

Rainbow Newsletters

2020 Open Day Saturday 25th

We are all getting very excited for the start of the 2020 ski season. If you like our Facebook page you would have seen all the preparation that has been undertaken including snowmaking to get the field ready. What we haven't had, is Mother Nature doing her bit. The weather has been very warm and the recent rain events mean we don't yet have the coverage to open this Friday. There is more snow in the forecast so we hope to be open this weekend. This will be T Bar to Tower 4 only, Intermediate Platter and Beginners Slope. Watch facebook and the website for more detail and hope for snow this Tuesday.

Marlborough Tour Company Rainbow Bus Service

New partnership with MTC and Rainbow makes skiing even easier
We are really pleased to announce our new partnership with Marlborough Tour Company to make it even easier to go skiing at Rainbow. Take the shuttle direct from Blenheim to the mountain, no worries re chains or parking. A direct to lift service. They will even arrange lift passes
.

The 2020 Season is on.

Rainbow to open on the 24th July at 9.00am
Thanks to all those that have purchased 2020 Seasons Passes. The great news is, we exceeded our target by 50 passes so it's with great pleasure that we can declare the 2020 season on. We are scheduled for opening on Friday 24 July at 9.00am pending weather/snow.

Even more exciting is to see snow in the forecast next week. You can still purchase your pass online at shop.skirainbow.co.nz

Read on to get more details on passes, management of the field, the AGM and our ski sales.

Zero Cases, Zero Covid Tracing Fee

Season Pass Sale Extended to the 15th of June
Plenty of good news to share. Firstly thanks to All New Zealanders for getting us to Level One. There has been plenty of work preparing for the season but to be able to remove restrictions on the indoor spaces and lift lines feels positive for the season ahead.

We still need to be prepared in case we have to move back up the Levels but at least we have the systems in place, ready, if we do. The pass sales have been going really well and we are 20 passes away from making our number.

The BIG News

As we do not have to Contact Trace we are removing the Covid Tracing Fee. We no longer have to employ staff for the bottom of the hill, put in connectivity and build the shed in the carpark. For all those that have paid the fee, thank you and we will refund this back to your credit card. We will reserve the right to bring this back if the alert level changes but from now its gone.

Rainbow Ski Season 2020

Our Season Outline
Due to the good work across New Zealand we are now in Alert Level 2 and we can open the field. Our priority is to ensure we can operate safely and within the Government guidelines. The following will apply for Alert Level One where Contact Tracing, Social Distancing, good public hygiene remain and as do border restrictions.

Summary of the 2020 Season

Due to the good work across New Zealand we are now in Alert Level 2 and we can open the field. Our priority is to ensure we can operate safely and within the Government guidelines.
The 2020 Rainbow Season

Due to the good work across New Zealand we are now in Alert Level 2 and we can open the field. Our priority is to ensure we can operate safely and within the Government guidelines.

Our focus is on:
• Health and Safety
• Contact Tracing
• Simplicity
• Financial Prudence
• Enjoyment

Please see our COVID-19 FAQs for guidance on updating your details ahead of the season.

Thank you everyone for your patience and offers of assistance as we have worked through the scenario of if we could open this year and what it would look like if we did.

20th of May - Well how is this for great news,

WE WILL BE OPEN FOR THE 2020 SEASON.

11th of May - The Government gives the go ahead for Ski Resorts to operate.

Congratulations New Zealand. We are all looking forward to when the country goes from our current Alert Level 3 to Alert Level 2, safely.

All of us in the Ski Industry have been successfully working together to lobby the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) to address critical needs to ensure an operating season and through SAANZ the resorts have developed Alert Level 2 safe operating protocols for our industry.

5th of May - One week now completed at Level 3

One week now completed at Level 3 has provided all of us with more freedom and we have been able to access the Mountain. This has been beneficial as we continue to develop modelling for a potential 2020 season.

24 April 2020 - Operational Update

Good News Rainbow Skiers and Boarders
We are about to move from Alert Level 4 to 3, which will still have its restrictions, yet is a very positive move in the right direction. If we keep following the guidelines outlined by the Government, it looks like by winter we could be at a Level 2 and possibly Level 1. From everything we know about the Government guidelines, it looks possible that Rainbow could operate from Level 2.

Newsletters 2019

25th of March 2019 - Membership Sales, Corporate Partners & Work Parties

5th of March 2019 - Season Passes, Summer Maintenance & AGM

14th of December 2018 - Early Bird Passes & Corporate Partners

23rd of November 2018 - Season Passes on Sale,, 2019 Pricing & Open in the Summer