Rainbow Ski Area is high in the north of this great mountain chain within the world famous Nelson/Marlborough lifestyle region. Reaching a height of over 1760 metres, Rainbow captures regular winter snow, complemented by extensive snow making, all superbly groomed to create a stunning winter playground.
The wide uncrowded slopes and well groomed trails provide superb terrain for beginners and intermediates while advanced skiers can challenge themselves in the high powder runs and chutes. Snowboarders love the varied terrain, jumps, bumps and drops. A terrain park has been developed, offering more thrills & spills for adventurous boarders and skiers.
Operating Hours: 9:00am to 4:00pm
Operating Season: Mid July until Mid October
Access Road: 17km from State Highway 63 turnoff. Chains must be fitted or carried by all
vehicles at all times from base car park. Shuttle service runs multiple trips daily from base car
Mountain Car-park Elevation: 1540m (5,052 feet)
Lift Accessed Vertical: 218m (715 feet)
Lifts: 1 Main T-Bar, 1 Intermediate Platter , 1 Learners tow, 1 Terrain Park tow, 1 West Bowl access tow.
Terrain: Beginners 25%, Intermediate 55%, Advanced 20%
- Cafe - serving food, cold and hot drinks, espresso coffee.
- Rental - Full Ski & Snowboarding equipment and clothing.
- Ski repair and maintenance service.
- Shop for accessories, clothing and rainbow branded souvenirs.
- First aid and emergency services.
- International Ski & Snowboard school.
- Snow-making facilities (7 SMI Snow-guns & 2 Techno Alpin Snow-guns) in the base area, learners, intermediate slopes and to the top of the T-Bar.
- Two Kassbohrer Pisten Bully snow groomers.
Download Trail Map